Garmin map updates are available for free, and if you want to download free updates of Garmin GPS satellite maps, our brief and easy-to-understand guide will tell us all about free, reliable and accurate Garmin map update.
This independent board will work with any owner of GPS products for the Nuvi GPS and Zumo Motorcycle system. If you want to update your maps for free, we can show you how easy it is to download this updated content directly from Garmin, which means it will be 100% official and reliable.
Garmin provides free map updates as part of the nuMaps guarantee. NuMaps allows customers to obtain an update to the Nuvi map for free and establishes the following:
“Simply connect your new Garmin Nuvi or Zumo to your computer and visit www.garmin.com/mapupdates within 90 days of obtaining your first satellite while driving with your device and you can see if there is a free map update available.”
What this basically means is that Garmin update will offer customers a one-time free upgrade for the first three months of having and using their Nuvi GPS. It’s a very good view, and downloading Garmin map updates for free has never been so easy. You can download updates for the free Garmin map if:
• You can connect your GPS device to your computer and visit www.garmin.com/mapupdates within 90 days of receiving the satellite signal (in other words, use it in your car).
• If a map is more recent than the one that came with your Nuvi within 90 days after the satellite signal was decoded.
The process of using the nuMaps offer is very simple. On the Garmin site, in the Map Update section, be sure to choose the option called NuMaps warranty. Then you will be asked to enter the serial number of your Nuvi or Zumo GPS.
After performing some smart tests, the Garmin update site will ask you to access your current myGarmin account or create an account. Once you do this, you can access the free map updates for Garmin GPS products in a few easy steps:
1. Log in to your myGarmin account using your Nuvi via a USB cable.
2. You will see notifications on the Home tab that will tell you what free map update options are available for the registered GPS product.
3. To download a free Garmin map update, click on “Order now”.
4. Click on “Get free update”
5. Select from the available options, including Download or Disk (we prefer the option to download the map because it is faster and easier).
6. Once you click on the download option, the Garmin map update application will start downloading to your computer or Mac. Save it to your desktop and, once you have downloaded it completely, you must click twice. .
Assuming you downloaded the Garmin Map Update application on your desktop, you should run this program. The following steps do not take much time, and the map update application will guide you through the entire process.
In a very short overview, the following should occur:
1. Make sure the Nuvi GPS is connected to the computer with a USB cable.
2. Run the Garmin Map Update application by double-clicking on it.
3. Select the Garmin Nuvi GPS you want to install and update the free map on it.
4. Accept any license agreement that offers the same (must have a check box).
5. You may now need to enter the product key from your device.
6. If you have enough space in your GPS, you will be asked to determine if you are ready to update your maps, so accept this message box.
7. It will be easy to understand the rest of the process. Once it is accepted, it will start downloading and installing the free update of the Garmin map.
Once you have installed and downloaded the free Garmin map updates, you can drive safely knowing that you have original and relevant maps on the Garmin Nuvi GPS. Note that the nuMaps warranty offer applies only to one product and can not be used with any other Garmin device.
We always recommend that you download the free update of the Garmin GPS map directly from the manufacturer, as you can make sure that what you download will not damage your product in any case, or invalidate any warranty you may have.
Please note that if you are not eligible for free Garmin update, we have also assigned a section on this site for standard Garmin map updates. They start at very low prices and are profitable, so you should be able to get a new map update for free or at no cost.